Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

"Mommy...I'm THREE!"

I love this little boy so much.  
I love him so much, I feel like he's getting annoyed with how often I hug and kiss him.  He's sweet, he's funny, he's playful, and he's loving.  And now...he's THREE!

Calvin loves to go golfing with his daddy, so he was really excited about having a golfing party!  I had fun coming up with some golf-themed cakes.  Calvin approved.  I'm happy.
What a lucky little guy...he got to open up a lot of really fun presents, including a new set of golf clubs. Too bad winter is approaching...or is it here already?  Anyway, summer will be here before we know it.  Perry can't wait to get him back out on the golf course!
Time to blow out the THREE big candles...and EAT CAKE!
So here is what Calvin is like at three years old...

Favorite food (other than chocolate): oatmeal
Favorite TV show:  Doc McStuffins
Favorite sayings:  "Of course."  "Wellll, kinda..."
Favorite song:  (still...ugh)  Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Favorite book:  Everyone Poops and Ice Cream Bear

Calvin loves to talk on the phone, play Disney games on the computer, text Daddy, play any kind of sport, paint pictures, sing, watch Tutitu on YouTube (google it), ride his tricycle, vacuum, ride in his car, read books, and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY.  He's on the go all of the time.  I love his energy.

There are so many things to love about Calvin, but what I've come to love the most is his compassion.  He may be a rough and tumble little boy, but around Natalie, he is the sweetest, gentlest child.

The other day, as I was washing dishes, I turned around to find Calvin sitting on the couch with Natalie...
He had Natalie's hand in his own, helping her do a tracing game on the iPad.  He was so gentle and talked so sweetly to her.  I'm so glad I had the camera close at hand.  He loves to sit next to Nat and put his arm around her.  He hugs and kisses her and talks to her softly.  It's a joy watching them grow up together, and I can't wait to see how adding another child will change the dynamic in our home.

One more thing to add to this long post...

Some of you may know that Natalie was not our first child.  On November 3rd, 2005, our first daughter, Cheryl Lori was born far too early.  She passed away at birth.  It's hard to believe that she would be 7 years old.  I can tell you that not ONE single day has gone by that I haven't thought of her.  There is always something in my day that reminds me of her and brings a smile to my face or a tear to my eye.  I am comforted knowing that she is in the Lord's arms, but I can't wait until the day that I can hold her myself, something I never got to do in the hospital.

Calvin shares his big sister's birthday of November 3rd, turning a sad day into a very happy one for our family.  His due date was November 10th, but we had to schedule the C-section for 39 weeks.  How amazing that it just so happened to be his sister's birthday.

So Happy Birthday to my two beautiful children.  I'm the luckiest mommy on the planet.

No comments: