Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halfway There


We're halfway there!  Are you kidding me?  I've figured out the key to speeding up a pregnancy, and that's by having other children first.  I no longer have all day to think about what's going on in my belly, and if it weren't for that growing belly, I would forget I'm pregnant altogether!

Today, we hit 20 weeks...and this week is a BIG one.  On Wednesday, we finally get to find out if it's a boy or a girl!  Perry and I have never had any desire to wait it out and find out in the operating/delivery room.  I love when people insist that we're spoiling the surprise.  It's a surprise at 20 weeks, just as it is at 39 weeks.  I'm not quite sure why any mother would want to torture herself with wondering about the gender when you don't have to, but that's just my opinion.

At 20 weeks, I'm starting to get some intense cravings...luckily my cravings are typically things that Perry dislikes, so I don't have to worry about him eating it all first.  I'm talking about all of the wonderful things in life, like sauerkraut, horseradish, peanut butter, and pistachio ice cream.

Back to the gender issue...Calvin changes his mind every day about whether it's a boy or a girl.  Perry and I both think boy, but it seems everyone else says girl.  The good thing is, we have a girl and a boy name picked out already.  Boy names are difficult, but I think we've found a winner.  So now we have the problem that one of the names won't be used...and that makes me sad!

We'll find out which name is the winner on Wednesday.

Time for some pistachio ice cream.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

It's reassuring to know that when you have other kiddos around you don't have time to think about what's going on in your belly!! We just had our first take home baby and boy names were TERRIBLY tough! Can't wait to find out if it'll be blue or pink for you guys!