Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hi There, Baby!

Ahhh...I love this view.  I love sitting here at night, when the kids and husband are in bed, and feeling Baby Olson kick and bounce around like crazy.  Being pregnant is awesome.

What's even better is being pregnant again.  I'm about 23 weeks into it now, and I'm almost ashamed to say I haven't purchased a single item for this baby.  Seriously.  Not even a sleeper.  At first, I was waiting to find out the gender, but now that I know...I still haven't found anything that interests me.  Maybe I'm just too busy to worry about stuff like that, or maybe I just realize that babies require far less than we believe they do.

Perry and I have already agreed that the biggest waste of space piece of furniture is a changing table.  That won't re-enter our house this time around.

I am pretty excited to go through all of Calvin's baby clothes.  I'm fairly certain there are a few sleepers that were never used, so I'll make sure to put them on our new baby boy.

I feel like we've gotten the most crucial roadblock out of the way:  we've chosen a name...and even his middle name!  Choosing a name for a boy isn't easy, but this time, we've had many names we both liked.  There is always the possibility that it could change, but I got a strange sign last night that told me we have picked the right name.  I'll tell you what it was after he's born.

My favorite pastime now is watching A Baby Story on TLC.  I mainly like watching it to laugh at first time moms and their lofty expectations of delivery...as if you really have any control over it.  Ha!

I can tell you right now that I am terrified of the impending C-section.  I remember telling myself after Calvin was born that we wouldn't have another until I could forget how horrible it is to have a C-section.  Yes, there's a baby to be excited about, but C-sections hurt.  It's not fun.  So, I must have forgotten at the time.  I remember now.  Ugh.

Luckily, I have 16 weeks to think about it.  ;)

No comments: