Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baseball, Baby Boy, and Bea's Hair

Another two weeks have passed, and Baby Boy Olson is getting BIG! There's news about him, but first, I'll start with Perry's big night of baseball. The Vistas held a game at Corbett on June 16th for former Vistas players...and Perry couldn't pass that up! He had a great time competing against his former teammates. He played outfield, caught and even got up on the pitcher's mound for an inning. It was really a fun night. The organizers are hoping to make it a yearly tradition.

Natalie had fun hanging out with Grandpa during the game.

Cousin Meredith still isn't too sure about Uncle Perry...

Now on to baby news! It was ultrasound time again on Monday, and we got to see our little boy kicking around. By the way, there's no doubt now that it's a boy--we checked again and I could spot it without being prompted. The best news of the day, however, is that things are going REALLY well. My cervix seems to be lengthening...it's now up to almost 6 cm. I think the ultrasound tech was just as surprised as we were. I get progesterone shots weekly, which are supposed to prevent any preterm labor. Other than that, things are normal. I like that word...normal. Could it be that we will have a normal pregnancy??? Don't worry...I'm knocking on wood as soon as I'm done typing this. He spends most of the night moving around and kicking--he's very strong! So here are the two pictures we got of Baby Olson on Monday:

His face with his little fist by his chin...

...and his foot.Natalie is just happy summer is in full swing so she can get in her swing!! We spend all morning outside watering and smelling the flowers, taking care of the garden and lawn and listening to the birdies. She is an outdoors girl, and already has a tan to match her daddy's, even though she wears 50 spf sunblock all day. She's certainly not a fair-skinned Miller like me!

And finally...here's a picture of her gorgeous hair. This was from a couple of weeks ago. Why doesn't my hair do this??????

3 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Awesome news Mel! I'm so excited for November- when we finally get to meet Baby Boy Olson! I think it's really going to work (knock on wood)!

Tricia said...

Wow Miss Nat!!! You have the MOST BEAUTIFUL hair of anyone I know. News sound good Mel!

Can't wait to see everyone next weekend!!!

West Wind Farm said...

A boy! We are so excited for you all! We will keep praying that all goes well.

Alicia & Ron