Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Gimme That Twix!

Here we are at 22 weeks, and we have yet another photo to share of our little guy. I love this picture because it shows off his little turned up nose (just like Natalie and Daddy!). We had our full ultrasound today, where they check all of the internal organs and do lots of measuring. All of the organs look just fine and he measures in at approximately one pound already. We are fortunate enough to be able to SEE how much a baby changes in the first weeks...he's looking fuller and the features are really starting to take shape. He did a good job of cooperating with the ultrasound tech, who doesn't even call my name out anymore in the waiting room area...she just walks in and says, "you ready?" We really like her because she tells us everything she is seeing, which I don't think is technically allowed. The doctor is supposed to relay that information to us...but she realizes that we've been through enough that we shouldn't have to wait for that info anymore. The cervix remains long and shut--and it is becoming increasingly apparent that the baby won't be coming out any time soon! He'll actually wait for the day we tell him he can come out! :) As for me, you can see that I have a slight obsession with Twix candy bars these days. I've managed to only gain 6 pounds thus far, but I'm afraid that my cravings for Twix are going to bump the weight up a bit. Argh. I can't help it that he likes Twix.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

6 pounds? I'm going to bring you a one-month supply of Twix to eat next week at the lake...you're pregnant, gotta capitalize on it!! :)

(You look fantastic!)