Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Big Year Ahead

It's been a spring and early summer in Minot that many of us will never forget. No more will we hear about the flood of '69...all other floods will be compared to the flood of '11.

As I type this, our home in the valley has at least a foot or two of river water running through it; at its peak, there was likely five feet or so flooding our house. Being in Minot and yet not being able to drive to #5 Fairway is so frustrating.

I've been encouraged by my junior high English teacher to keep a diary of our experiences. (Hi, Mrs. Pearson!) I love to write, but often find I have no time to do so with our hectic schedules. This will be my effort to keep an online journal of sorts---and share our experiences with you. If you scroll down, you'll find I didn't do a very good job of keeping up this blog. Calvin is...hmmmmm...a very busy boy. He keeps my days exciting, as does Natalie. I realize, though, that it is very important to have my thoughts and our experiences during this catastrophe on record.

My plan is to blog as often as possible about the progress we're making. Right now, our house is a mess. If we are allowed to fix it, it will need to be gutted---so hopefully you will see the blood, sweat and tears it will take to get us back in our home under the same beautiful roof that Perry and our family constructed last spring! :) I think it will be fun to show the stages and hopefully get lots of pictures to share with you.

In the end, if no one reads it, I'll still have all the words and pictures saved--and that's something to be proud of...especially for this busy mommy!

Many pictures are on the way...stay tuned!

No comments: