Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take Me to Your Leader

We've made it to the second trimester! According to my pregnancy Web site, the baby is the size of a lemon. Unfortunately, my stomach is already the size of a watermelon. Not quite, but close. Yesterday we had the first of 9 ultrasounds I'll have over the next few months to check on the length of my cervix. So, here is the picture, which makes baby look like an alien. The face is on the right, the tummy on the left. His legs and arms are hidden. We don't know yet whether it's a boy or a girl. I'm guessing at our 18 week ultrasound we'll find out. Scott posted on his blog how people think you're a horrible parent if you don't find out the sex of your baby---well guess what? It goes both ways! I love when people ask me, "don't you want it to be a surprise?" I'm pretty sure seeing our child for the first time in the delivery room is just as surprising whether we know its gender ahead of time or not. They act like you're committing some mortal sin or something. Anyway, if it's a boy, we're going to have to figure out a way to paint half the room blue.

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Hello baby!

Tricia said...

Wow, I had to read again when I heard you say "his" - but then I realized that you were just referring to a "he" and didn't know for sure. I can't wait to find out. Wow with Scott and Katie having a girl, we sure could use a boy!!!!!