Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Boy!



Perry was able to figure it out without help from the ultrasound technician. I was quite impressed. I was totally prepared to hear, "it's a girl!" So I was surprised when she pointed out the little boy parts! She said she wouldn't have told us if she was not 100% certain, so I don't think there's anything to worry about. I can start buying little boy clothes again! The little guy was doing lots of moving around today--stretching out his little legs. I felt the first movements last week, but not much since. I really have to lay still and concentrate hard to figure it out. I'm sure he'll start kicking much harder in the few weeks to come.

Here is another picture of his face...



...and here is a view from the side. He's all squished up in a ball. You can kind of see his little leg.
The best news of the day, however, was that there is no shortening of my cervix. Everything looks great. That's a load off of our shoulders. Now we wait for the next ultrasound in two weeks.

7 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Hooray! Boys section here we come! Glad to hear everything is going well.

skeet said...

Someone had to break the streak! Not that girls are bad, cuz Ashtyn is awesome!

Tricia said...

YEAH - I will have to tell Katie in the morning...She will be so excited!!! Congrats Mel and Perry!

Natalie Beatrice Olson said...

I agree, Scott...I love having a little girl...but we definitely need another little boy in the family to even things out! :)

Stadel said...

Poor guy will probably be a twins fan now...

Natalie Beatrice Olson said...

Of course he will, Jason. In fact, the moment that he's born, we're putting him in a Joe Mauer jersey instead of wrapping him in a blanket. :)

LaurenS said...

I am so excited for you both! Perry will have him out at Corbett fielding ground balls at age 2.