Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mommyhood

Pitter, patter...I hear the footsteps to my bedroom door each morning.  "Mommy...POTTY," Calvin yells to me.  And so my day begins.  

It's a day filled with sweeping crumbs off the floor, kissing boo-boos, attempting to anticipate the next tumble, hurriedly sending Natalie off to school, washing, folding and putting clothes away, (I usually only get to step two in that process!), stain removal, cooking, cleaning, tossing back massive amounts of caffeine, bath time, stories, puzzles, putting away toys, stepping on toys, putting toys away again, singing, dancing, smiling, laughing, aaaaaand the occasional time out.
Breakfast time with Calvin...pancakes and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Life as a stay-at-home mommy isn't easy, but I thank the Lord every day that I am able to spend every waking minute with my precious babies.  
Calvin kissing Natalie
Of course, it's not a picnic...I have my moments of frustration just like any other mother, but the Lord always has ways of reminding me how blessed I am,


through a smile, a hug, or a big sticky kiss.  

And so, as I sit here at night, during my only few hours of "me time," I am ready to head off to bed.  I can't wait for the pitter patter of feet as Calvin runs up to my bed in the morning and the big smile from Natalie as I lift her from bed.  It gives meaning to my life to be the center of their lives.

Night, night.


No comments: