Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Life Goes On

It's been a busy couple of weeks at our house, but the most exciting news is that the FEMA trailer is now GONE!  As fun as it was to have Grandma and Grandpa Olson just a few steps away from our house for the past year, we're so excited that they are back on Souris Drive in their home sweet (new) home.  It's been a busy nine months of building for them, and they're not yet finished with all of the work, but enough to move back before the new rental fees for the FEMA trailers kick in.  They have a beautiful new home that we'll make lots of memories in in the years to come.  Life is finally getting somewhat back to normal...the new normal.

Calvin has been obsessed with the FEMA trailer since we moved back, so you can bet he was fascinated and saddened by it leaving our front yard.
This was the view from Calvin's bedroom window since we moved back home.  Sunlight can shine through his window now!
The whole process took under two hours.  I have a feeling it would have taken much longer on a nice summer day.  Hint: these workers are not from around here.  Also, around 200 cigarettes were smoked in the process.
 And off it goes...
I can't believe how big our front yard looks now!  We're looking forward to a big landscaping project in the spring.  Our front yard needs at least one more big tree.

So here's the latest in Natalie's life...

She started a new school schedule after the Christmas break.  She has always attended the morning session five days a week at Jefferson, but since she will be doing full days next year in kindergarten, we decided to let her try out the afternoons.  So far, it has gone really well.  My main concern has always been that mornings are her best time...she's more alert and happy during that time.  I should never assume anything with Natalie...she is really enjoying her afternoon school time, so it is a huge relief knowing that it may not be such a huge transition for her in the fall.

Right now, we're enjoying our mornings and sleeping in until nearly 9:00 every day, instead of the usual 7:30 school schedule.  The mornings are lazy, then she heads off to school at noon.  I'm a spoiled mama!


Tonight, Uncle Tim stopped over to do a little music therapy with Natalie.  If there's one thing in this world Natalie loves (other than us), it's music.  We're so happy that he can share his talent with us when he gets the chance.  He plays guitar for her...
Then lets her strum the strings...
She LOVES it!
 Of course, so does her brother.
 He's always willing to join in singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."  

Meanwhile, Calvin is a busy, busy, busy boy.  He's growing up way to fast for my liking.  I can't believe how old he seems lately.  I love the conversations we have...he's such a smart, funny little guy and I cherish the one on one time we have at this age.  He's so loving and caring and will be an awesome big brother.  I can't wait to bring this little one home from the hospital!

On the cold days, we're mostly stuck at home, and Calvin loves to play the Disney Junior online games.  I enjoy watching him learn!
He also LOVES to work on projects with me, whether it's painting or drawing or crafts.  He received a subscription to Highlights Magazine for Christmas from his Uncle Greg and Auntie Tahnee...so we've been working on that lately, as well.
His favorite thing to do, though, is run around like a mad man...so in November, I enrolled him in a class called "Itty Bitty Sports" at the YMCA.  He LOVES this class!  He learns about a different sport/activity each class, and it's been great for his social skills.  He's constantly telling the teachers stories or yelling at me to watch him.  The smile on his face is priceless.  It's only two days a week, so it's not too much of a good thing.

I am currently 29 weeks pregnant, and that means I have ten weeks to go before we meet this new baby.  I'll have a C-section a week before the actual due date of March 31st.
I absolutely love being pregnant.  I can feel myself slowing down a bit at this point, but it doesn't really bother me.  The baby is very busy and reminds me a lot of Calvin in how he moves and where he likes to position himself in the womb.  I've already surpassed where I was when Natalie was born, which is hard to believe!  There is still so much growing to be done.  

Perry is on the road nearly every day this month and next month reffing basketball, his favorite pastime.  He's starting to do a lot more college work, which is fun for him, but also means he has a lot more traveling to do.  This year, he got into the Northern Sun conference, which is NCAA Division II.  Many of those teams are in South Dakota and Minnesota, so there will be some long nights for him.  He's willing to do it though, with the hopes of someday moving up even higher!  Anything is possible for him...he's the most talented guy I know and I admire his ambition.

So, that's the latest.  I have many more fun blog entries planned for this month, as I have many fun projects going on before this baby arrives.  I'll share them with you soon!  Stay tuned....








No comments: