Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Surgery Begins

Natalie woke up with a HUGE smile on her face this morning!
I know there are many people praying for Natalie right now, and it is such a comfort to us to know so many people care for her.  We just left our little sweetie about fifteen minutes ago after talking to all of her doctors and nurses about what to expect for this surgery.  

Dr. Haasbeek has told us to expect about two hours worth of surgery.  That includes removing the plates that we put in back in August, as well as performing a pelvic osteotomy, which is the reshaping of her pelvic bone on the right side so that, ultimately, her hip will be less likely to dislocate in the future.  All I know is that surgery scares me to death when it comes to Natalie.  

I'll let you know more when I hear from the nurse.

No comments: