Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Best. Day. Ever.

I realize Calvin likely won't remember any of this trip in the years to come, but Perry and I surely will.  Spending all of this time together, just the four of us, has been incredible.  I've learned just how grown up Natalie is, and how much Calvin has learned.  He's a fun little guy who's starting to say some funny things!

Today, as Perry entered the freeway, Calvin yelled from the back, "Careful, Daddy!"  Also, we've been serenaded throughout the trip with one song in particular...
Natalie seems to like it.

Our first destination on this beautiful March morning was Como Zoo.  I've never been there before, but I can tell you that we will never again visit the Minnesota Zoo.  Como Zoo is absolutely amazing...it's beautiful, not too big and lots of fun for little kids.

Outside of the zoo and conservatory

Calvin thought this giant turtle was interesting

Cal spent most of his time trying to climb under the fences

Hopefully these bears will return to Minot soon!

A corn dog and "Apey Grapey."  Calvin loved his lunch.

Natalie soaked up the sun.  The weather was beautiful!

Yumm-O!

The tropical garden area was beautiful!

Natalie was in HEAVEN!

Calvin & Daddy--my cuties!

Outside of the tropical garden

My princess!  Pretty in pink!
After a fun morning and early afternoon wandering around Como Zoo, we headed back to our new hotel for the night.  FYI, the Holiday Inn Express near the Mall of America is NOT nice.  It's strange, because I've never been to a Holiday Inn Express I didn't love.  So poor Daddy had to pack up the car AGAIN and moved us into the Country Inn & Suites near the mall, which is a MILLION times better.

So, it was on to our next adventure for the day...the Mall of America.  I felt a little guilty that we were heading inside on such a beautiful day, but I knew Calvin would have a blast at the amusement park there...and he did!

Cal's eyes lit up when he saw the carousel

He loved this little roller coaster ride


Sorry...pictures taken with Perry's phone---but he had fun on this fire truck ride!


Second time on the carousel!
By the time we left the mall, it was already dinner time.  It's a no-meat Friday for us, so Perry got to try IHOP pancakes for the first time ever.  If you know Perry at all, you know that this was a very special moment for him.  :)

I really wish we had more time to spend in Minneapolis, but our time here is almost up.  I'm hoping to make a stop at IKEA before we depart tomorrow morning.  I've never been there, mostly because I'm afraid I'll spend way too much money there.

So, for now, I'll just bask in the glow of this wonderful day and thank the Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful family.  Best. Day. Ever.

No comments: