Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

It's mid-winter, believe it or not.  The thermometer may not relay that truth, but the noticeable absence of the "head of the household" these days says to me that it is most definitely mid-winter.  For those of you who don't know, Perry spends nearly every night reffing basketball during the winter.  During a typical year, I spend most of November cooking and freezing dinners that can be reheated later in the winter when I have no help at home with the kids at night.  Of course, we all know that this past year has been anything but typical.  

My freezer is basically empty this year, except for the one-eighth of a cow we purchased last month.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to peer into my freezer and find ground beef, steaks, ribs, etc., all packaged up for me.

So, long story short, I need a lot of easy recipes to get me through this winter, and tonight I tried out a Pioneer Woman recipe, her Sour Cream Noodle Bake, that will now become a staple in our household.  It's full of ingredients that I always have on hand, and it tastes great!  

*One quick note...I didn't have green onions in my refrigerator, so I browned my beef with about three-quarters of a regular white onion instead.  (It was still yummy!)


No comments: