Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

On the Move

Wow...a month can go by very quickly when you're busy, busy, busy! For the past four weeks, we've been staying at a home in Minot, thanks to an amazingly gracious family. They allowed us to use their house while they spent the month at their lake cabin. It was such a blessing to be together as the water receded. That month was the layover between the destruction of the flood and the start of rebuilding and it allowed us to be one big happy family!

Now, we are back in Sherwood and Perry will stay behind in Minot as the rebuilding phase begins. A busy week is ahead of us, but at the end of it--we head off for a week of VACATION! I'm so excited that the whole Olson/Moore family can get away for a week and relax...although we'll likely spend the whole week discussing the flood. Ugh. That's our lives these days! At least we'll be doing so on a boat or a beach. Perry and Jim (and the rest of us) need a little R&R.

After that, it's full speed ahead on the house! My wish is to be home for Christmas. There's a lot of work ahead, but I think we're ready for it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mandy said...

I keep telling myself that we'll be in by October... maybe I should bump it back to December too! We get married November 26, and I would like to be in my own house by then. I miss the small things the most... my bed and blankets, my shower, and my backyard. Good luck guys! We'll be praying for you!