Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nervous!

Well, it's only a couple of days until we fly out to Chicago...and the nerves are starting to set in for me. I think it's the fear of the unknown that has me so worried. I trust Dr. Haney, but I've never met him in person, never been to this hospital, never had an incision, etc... I've chosen to have a spinal versus general anesthesia, only because the pain medication can be administered more quickly with the spinal...so I'm nervous about what I'll hear during the surgery. I think I'll just have to bring my iPod. It's supposed to last about an hour and a half total, so that's not too bad. By the way, updates on my surgery and how we're doing will be posted on this Web site (not Natalie's) if you're curious! I'm trying to finish up my classes a week early (finals are supposed to be next week) so I'm really busy this week packing, studying, cleaning, and all that good stuff. I don't know what condition I'll be in when I get home, so I really want to get most Christmas stuff done now. This should be interesting!
Here is something I'm really excited to see in Chicago this weekend. It's called the Christkindlmarket...and it's a German celebration in downtown Chicago with German products like Hummel ornaments and cuckoo clocks. They also have all kinds of German food (yum!).

I suppose I should get back to homework. Pray that the weather is good enough that we can get out of here on Saturday morning!

1 comment:

skeet said...

good luck Smell!!!